Through discernment, and with our gratitude for the growth of the Spoken Bride community, we are excited to announce we’re expanding our team! We’re eager to work with individuals who share in our passion for Catholic marriage, with an eye for beauty and a voice of authenticity.
Spoken Bride is seeking a full-time Social Media Manager, full-time Associate Editor, and full-time Administrative Assistant to join us beginning in mid-October 2018 and are accepting applications through Friday, September 28.
Our ideal candidates are collaborative-minded servant leaders with original, creative takes on Catholic wedding-related content and an eye for growing and expanding our ministry. Above all, candidates should have a heart for Spoken Bride’s mission and for the sacrament of marriage. Experience with writing, digital marketing/PR, weddings, and/or theology is ideal.
Feeling called to apply? Find information and application forms for each position below.
Social Media Manager
The Social Media Manager will handle all facets of scheduling, drafting, and posting for Spoken Bride’s social media platforms, utilizing appropriate strategies and applications for long-term growth and engagement. This is a remote position that is currently unpaid, with the possibility of future compensation.
- Designing and implementing a social media calendar and schedule
- Writing, scheduling, and optimizing 1-2 daily posts from the Spoken Bride blog, Spoken Bride Vendors community, and from external sources for Instagram and Facebook
- Creating and optimizing blog post pins for Pinterest
- Frequent, authentic engagement with reader comments and like-minded accounts on Spoken Bride’s social media platforms
- Utilizing SEO and marketing strategies for optimal long-term growth
- Ensuring correct grammar, style, and attributions in all social media posts
- Team communication via email, text, and calls
Our ideal candidate is someone with past experience in the constantly changing world of social media and a commitment to continued education in new trends and strategies. She specializes in digital and content marketing, writing compelling and rhetorically effective posts, and the ability to conceive a concrete plan for long-term growth and engagement on Spoken Bride’s platforms. This position requires a sincere, goal-oriented approach to marketing, along with the ability to source and edit graphics and to manage, promote, and distribute blog content.
The Associate Editor will work closely with Spoken Bride’s Editor in Chief to produce written content for the blog, the Spoken Bride newsletter, and additional print resources as needed, both self-produced and written by external contributors. This is a remote position and is currently unpaid, with the possibility of future compensation.
- Brainstorming and pitching content ideas for the Spoken Bride blog
- Maintaining editorial calendar
- Constructing blog posts from start to finish, including drafting, editing, formatting, and preparation for social media
- Writing and/or editing 5 or more original pieces per month for the Spoken Bride blog
- Editing several contributors' pieces per month, managing pitches and correspondence with past and future contributors
- Maintaining and updating blog post archives
- Constructing monthly newsletter content, including topic brainstorms, drafting, and editing
- Writing and/or editing additional materials (print publications, social media copy, website text, etc.) as needed
- Team communication via email, text, and calls
Candidates with past documented writing experience, a critical yet charitable eye for style and argument, a potential network of future blog contributors, and flawless command of grammar and language are ideal. We also desire our Editor to be a person of action; able to work well on a deadline and willing to frequently initiate and maintain new contributor relationships.
The Administrative Assistant will work closely with the Creative Director and Business Director on website maintenance and updates, basic bookkeeping, preparation of publications and/or newsletters, and additional projects as needed. This is a remote position and is an unpaid, full-time volunteer position.
- Day-to-day administrative tasks
- Implementing design ideas for the Spoken Bride blog, run on Squarespace
- Communication with Spoken Bride’s Creative Director, Business Director, and ministry team via email, text, and calls
The ideal candidate for this position is humbly, readily able take and carry out specific direction, while also anticipating additional needs. An individual with experience in Design, excellent communication and organizational skills, and facility with major blog-related platforms--including Squarespace, GoogleDrive, SurveyMonkey, and MailChimp--would be a great fit. Our assistant must have internet access, a laptop, and sufficient availability to carry out tasks in a timely manner. We envision this position requiring several hours of work per week, with consistent work times (e.g. 1-2 afternoons per week).
New team members will be notified by early October 2018. We look forward to hearing from you!