Thanks to the beautiful vulnerability and generosity of spirit given by each of you in the Spoken Bride community, it’s been our honor to share such precious parts of your hearts, and ours, in 2017. Here, as we close this year, a look back at our featured love stories and a collection of our favorite posts.
As you plan your nuptial liturgy
- Guidelines and suggested wording for your wedding program
- An introduction to the Byzantine Rite of Marriage
- Writing your own Prayers of the Faithful
Practical and spiritual wedding planning tips
- 3 first steps to take after getting engaged
- A non-typical, yet incredibly effective, system for planning and organization
- Distinctively Catholic ways to commemorate the dead at your Mass and reception
- Questions to consider as you decide whether or not to have a First Look
- Why pre-marital counseling might be a better fit for you than you thought
- How to create your own wedding novena
- How to pray with your beloved when you have different habits and spiritualities
If you’re in need of encouragement
- You are more than your imperfections.
- Struggling with chastity? You’re not alone…
- ...and these practices might help you in your struggle.
- Ways to grow in friendship with your spouse when romantic emotion comes and goes
- Living in the longing
- Advice for finding comfort amidst fear of losing your beloved
As you plan your honeymoon
- Real talk about your wedding night, no matter where you’ve been
- Tips for a Roman honeymoon and having your marriage blessed by the Pope
- The joys and challenges of a “honeymoon baby”
- The editors share their favorite unexpected, yet essential, traveling items
You are a bride, a beloved. Cherish this sacred time.
From us to you, thank you for taking part in Spoken Bride's ministry, whether through your social media interaction, your submissions, your patronage of our Catholic wedding vendors, or simply through having clicked over to the site. All glory and thanks to the one whose hand has guided this mission and brought you here. We sincerely hope the words and images you've found here have been a source of authenticity and beauty in your heart, your spiritual life, and your relationship. Be assured of our prayers as we, like you, strive for heaven in this vocation of marriage. We’re grateful and eager to continue serving you and sharing in sisterhood in 2018!